Author Topic: Welcome to our new ColossusCoin Forum, introduce yourself  (Read 11038 times)

Sudo23

• Founder of the ColossusCoin Foundation
  • Administrator
  • Welcome to our ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
    • Colossuscoin.org
Welcome to our new ColossusCoin Forum, introduce yourself
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »
Welcome to the new ColussusCoin forum everyone. I am Sudo and I decided to establish the 'ColussusCoin Forum' to have a centralized point of communication and development.
Also to have a central discussion area for all things related to cryptocurrencies.

For your avatar:

Enjoy it! 8)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:36:12 AM by Sudo23 »
Donation Addresses:

BTC: 1GGF7vjv1dLEu2oYg9AsRxWavAKSguv6Jh
DOGE: DFyxgUTvA2dVDTNnWH5e2Y2Wat7TSJcHRB
Litecoin:LKodWSwYG45oE8WyDMyZ8osvc2hy9R9hfL
ETH: 0xbd86fdb353cdc900584ff49c1bed03cecf637f44

Mark1984D

• Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to our new ColossusCoin Forum, introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:58:37 AM »
Nice Logo, you did a good job! :)

Sudo23

• Founder of the ColossusCoin Foundation
  • Administrator
  • Welcome to our ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
    • Colossuscoin.org
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
Hi COL Community!

I created a new" Colossuscoin accepted here" button.

Feel free to use it in any project!

Donation Addresses:

BTC: 1GGF7vjv1dLEu2oYg9AsRxWavAKSguv6Jh
DOGE: DFyxgUTvA2dVDTNnWH5e2Y2Wat7TSJcHRB
Litecoin:LKodWSwYG45oE8WyDMyZ8osvc2hy9R9hfL
ETH: 0xbd86fdb353cdc900584ff49c1bed03cecf637f44

miguelabeijon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »

Please, I would like to know how many would be recommended for mining khs solo. because I read somewhere that the speed is limited to undermine colossuscoin ...
If a response in Spanish can appreciate ... Thank you.

I'm a newbie and I appreciate any donation ... Thanks:

Address: 2CXTFqpRw3LmgdxaUmUY8o3UvqwjmJHj3K

:)

miguelabeijon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:27:50 AM »
my email : [email protected]   

help me please.... mining configuration.... Tanks :-\

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »
Collasuscoin cannot be mined, It is proof of stake which mise you have to  buy coins to get more coins.

You get interest on your coins by owning coins at a rate of 0.5% every 15 days.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

Majesty

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »
I am Michael, a greek guy living in Germany, i would like to ask which are the advantages fo the COL coin and how does the future look.

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »
I am Michael, a greek guy living in Germany, i would like to ask which are the advantages fo the COL coin and how does the future look.

Good question and first I think I'll provide you with a brief history.

Colossuscoin was originally coded by Muddafudda as a POW/POS coin meaning originally people could mine Col and early December all mining was complete and Col became 100% Proof of stake, meaning you can only buy Colossuscoin on the exchanges and stake your coins on the blockchain (prove you own the coins) and you generate interest on your coins.

The blockchain that was made inherently has the problem where it is such a large blockchain that people have been having problems syncing their Colossuscoin wallet and transferring to Cryptsy and back.

Muddafudda originally fixed the wallet by brute force (forking the blockchain) which is not a good way to fix the problem as it boats the blockchain.

Muddafudda managed many coins and mid December he withdrew all support and handed the development fund over to Sudo23.

I joined several days after Muddafudda left.

What I saw and still see is the potential to create a force to rival the top foundations, it's problems has scared away all but a core of dedicated people in building a better foundation.

Progress has been steadily increasing in overcoming the issues and restructuring the foundation. We take the approach to build the foundation in a similar way to an online clan, those with skills and trust become a part of the inner workings and investment is up to each individual.

Currently we have sourced several well known coders to create a fix  for the wallet and code the blockchain as well as a third party to handle the swap, but it's more than just fixing problems.

Within the wallet fix we want to change the fees to provide more funding to the development fund, the added fees will allow us to raise funds evenly and more effectively than donations alone.

Within the new blockchain will be a revamp of the Development fund and a change to the fee system in which part of the fees are paid to investors on top of coins generated from staking.

With a change in fees and a wallet fix, it will allow us to reimburse any lost coins people had previously lost.

The swap to a new blockchain allows us to recover ALL lost coins (swap the same float and whatever doesn't get swapped is lost coins)

The swap is likely to take several months to complete to allow plenty of time for users to switch to the new blockchain and once the swap is complete we will know how many coins there are. My guess is that it would be 2-3% of the entire float.

What do we plan to do with lost coins once the swap is complete? A huge payback to investors and to the development team for restructuring the foundation and leave a fair bit as a base for our upcoming projects.

I would like to add that lost coins cannot be counted on and we aim to have as close to 100% swap over as possible.

With the project stable, we intend to build on security, usefulness and other types of fees which come from outside and feed directly into the currency. Colossuscoin is 100% POS so outside fees would continually add value to the currency and a portion would go to investors as well, it'sxcontinually adding bonuses for holding Col.

Community

Community is set up differently than other foundations where all members of the community can become leaders regardless of how much Col they own. A foundation is so similar to an online clan that we are building on the same principle. I have had years of experience in building the most powerful clans in games and it comes down to forum management and an active community, an active community with a common goal can achieve anything but we are all putting in our time an effort to make the community better so we look for ways to separate investment from development (those developing the foundation should have to foot the bill) and even make it worthwhile to develop the foundation(development team getting paid in Col)

It isn't so much about investing as that will come on its own as issues are overcome and to me it serves to be beneficial because only those who believe in the project will become part of the community. All we need to do is build community and smash development to see a huge rise. I'm pretty sure Colossuscoin is trading for as low as it will ever go but I leave that to each individual to decide. If someone wants to invest, we can also help with all relevant information.

I hope this answers your question
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:45:04 PM by Crestington »

Todorius

• Promotion Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:41:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm new here but I've been into Cryptos for a while now, and COL caught my attention a while ago.
I decided to invest a few btc into COL as I think that it's very undervalued and holds a great future, has a good dev
team, and a good community.

I've got some questions.

So, there seem to be some wallet issues. I read you guys are working on resolving the issues, that's good.
Are the wallet issues the reason why the coin is not listed on coinmarketcap.com?
I think it would be quite beneficial for exposure and publicity if the coin would be listed there.
Are there any efforts to do so?

Also, is the proof of stake working right now?

And lastly, I'd like to help a bit in exposing the coin a bit more, seems like very few people actually know this coin in times
of dogecoin-mania, what could one do to make this coin known more, besides being listed on coinmarketcap?
What can I do to help?

Sorry if some questions are a bit noob-style  ;D

Cheers!

Jueppe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:28:08 PM »
Hi COL Community!

Ciao a tutti.
2891tyeGqMD2sm7Erb3quJs2qGXrEmNJdg

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 03:05:44 AM »
Hi,

I'm new here but I've been into Cryptos for a while now, and COL caught my attention a while ago.
I decided to invest a few btc into COL as I think that it's very undervalued and holds a great future, has a good dev
team, and a good community.

I've got some questions.

So, there seem to be some wallet issues. I read you guys are working on resolving the issues, that's good.
Are the wallet issues the reason why the coin is not listed on coinmarketcap.com?
I think it would be quite beneficial for exposure and publicity if the coin would be listed there.
Are there any efforts to do so?

Also, is the proof of stake working right now?

And lastly, I'd like to help a bit in exposing the coin a bit more, seems like very few people actually know this coin in times
of dogecoin-mania, what could one do to make this coin known more, besides being listed on coinmarketcap?
What can I do to help?

Sorry if some questions are a bit noob-style  ;D

Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy working on getting a confirmation for the wallet fix and scheduling a time for it to be done. Currently I've been in talks with Mullick and we were set to go through it a little over a day ago (Jan 20th) but he's been held up with a huge workload at Cryptsy and I haven't been able to get a hold of him. I left him a message and hopefully he will get back to us soon but I will be exploring other avenues just in case.

The proof of stake is currently working about 3/4 of the time and the issues are whats causing Colossuscoin not to listed on Coinmarketcap.

Colossuscoin has just under 313 billion coins and an approximate worth as of today of 780k usd which puts Col in 36th place in rankings.

If you would like to do more, what about becoming a part of the Development Team? Everyone is super nice and there are plenty of people willing to help you learn.

I'll send you a copy to you as a PM

Todorius

• Promotion Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 07:05:11 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy working on getting a confirmation for the wallet fix and scheduling a time for it to be done. Currently I've been in talks with Mullick and we were set to go through it a little over a day ago (Jan 20th) but he's been held up with a huge workload at Cryptsy and I haven't been able to get a hold of him. I left him a message and hopefully he will get back to us soon but I will be exploring other avenues just in case.

The proof of stake is currently working about 3/4 of the time and the issues are whats causing Colossuscoin not to listed on Coinmarketcap.

Colossuscoin has just under 313 billion coins and an approximate worth as of today of 780k usd which puts Col in 36th place in rankings.

If you would like to do more, what about becoming a part of the Development Team? Everyone is super nice and there are plenty of people willing to help you learn.

Thanks for the reply  :)

Actually yeah, I'd be interested to get involved in the development team, but I have to warn you, I'm a super bad coder  ;D

But I'd like to help out in promoting the coin.
I'll just start by filling out this questionnaire for volunteers so that you maybe can get an idea where I can help :)

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »

Thanks for the reply  :)

Actually yeah, I'd be interested to get involved in the development team, but I have to warn you, I'm a super bad coder  ;D

But I'd like to help out in promoting the coin.
I'll just start by filling out this questionnaire for volunteers so that you maybe can get an idea where I can help :)

I don't worry so much about not being great at coding, it's kind of the general theme, people be like "I have no idea about programming" and then they come up with brilliant ideas.

Anyways, we have you added to the development team and created a marketing and promotion section for promoters which you also have access to. The promoter section was only created today so there isn't much in it yet but Development Team section is larger than general discussion and there are a few topics to move to marketing.

hasar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 12:03:08 AM »
Hello. It's my third month in cryptoworld.

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 12:23:15 AM »
Hello. It's my third month in cryptoworld.

Everyone is new, I'm a few months in myself.