Author Topic: Differentiating Col Coin  (Read 1047 times)

namelessme

• Improvement Team
  • Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
Differentiating Col Coin
« on: March 07, 2014, 12:02:07 PM »
I was thinking a bit more as far as how to differentiate Col Coin from others, and what niche purpose it could serve to users. One of the main things I see going for it is simply it's a proof of stake coin.

But there are lots of others POS coins too, and to be frank, when people tend to bring them up, Col is hardly the first one they mention.

Is there any way possible with the new wallets to increase POS payout, or alter payout rates, to be more competitive with coins like MintCoin?

I sort of view POS the same as interest at a bank. And when banks compete, the best interest usually wins (unless it has lots of other things you want). Col coin is like a failed bank that lost some of its coin, and is restarting, so perhaps it would get a lot more attention if it offered a higher POS return than most other coins? It'd certainly get some attention, I'd think, especially if mentioned at the same time new wallets come out + regular promotion/website/new exchanges.

But I'm not sure if there are enough outstanding coins to set something like that up.
xLv36eXJCo2wrP9YHvEy9m5gVfKTJdCAT

Crestington

• Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
Re: Differentiating Col Coin
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:25:08 PM »
Yes we can alter ANYTHING in the code but in order for it to go through itmust be accepted by more than 51% of Col holders. The fee sharing system is the big thing because it would add more to your coins instead of just inflating the amount of Coins.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

lovecol

• Improvement Team
  • COL: CKVqwvyo1cymXDk89W8EGLAJMYcKr6HUs2
    • View Profile
Re: Differentiating Col Coin
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 12:21:12 AM »
let wallet and the website useful,simple
´╝îclear,powerful,let more people use
it simplely.
COL: CKVqwvyo1cymXDk89W8EGLAJMYcKr6HUs2