Author Topic: IPO 2.0  (Read 1336 times)

alfette

• Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
IPO 2.0
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:37:10 AM »
Hello,

I've 10M coins on my wallet, what I should do ? Sell it for the IPO 2.0 ?
What about the investment for build the IPO 2.0 ? if I'm in I get 250% ? It's mean I get my 10M + 15 ?

Thanks
qKt5F83Xkq9yKSWcdJZ1y9oxvrFmWc2dr

Crestington

• View Profile
Re: IPO 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 12:14:32 PM »
Yes but we are looking for even further ways to have financing for future projects in place as well so I have been working with the development team in re-evaluating costs and structure.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

mouseman

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:28:20 AM »
The community manager and top orchestrator of along with their Community are now considering changing the coin to Proof of Stake soon. Love that COL is already POS!!!!!!!!!!! Can wait until all of the staking code is rock solid.

His post is below. Keep in mind Karmacoin is a 92billion max coin as part of the parameters for it.

kosmost

Re: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good
Today at 06:41:14 AM

Reply with quote  #4377
How about at 50 billion total coins it changes to PoS?

Then you get 1.5% interest for every 30 days term you keep the coins in your wallet (for the first year)

then 0.75% per month the following year, then decreasing by half after, etc

until maximum of 92 billion coins?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:00:11 PM by mouseman »

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »
The community manager and top orchestrator of along with their Community are now considering changing the coin to Proof of Stake soon. Love that COL is already POW!!!!!!!!!!! Can wait until all of the staking code is rock solid.

His post is below. Keep in mind Karmacoin is a 92billion max coin as part of the parameters for it.

kosmost

Re: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good
Today at 06:41:14 AM

Reply with quote  #4377
How about at 50 billion total coins it changes to PoS?

Then you get 1.5% interest for every 30 days term you keep the coins in your wallet (for the first year)

then 0.75% per month the following year, then decreasing by half after, etc

until maximum of 92 billion coins?

I'm not quite sure I'm following this, the information seems to be all wrong. Col is Proof of Stake, not POW and if we were to make the POS inflation higher we could also supplement that with a higher fee. So say POS was 1% every 15/30 days max weight, you could offset that with a fee of 0.1-0.2 % pretty easily. That would mean that unless you are making 5 transfers of all your coins in 2 weeks, you are going to keep gaining coins. Higher fees are better as long as it isn't going to restrict trading volume, more fees collected from transactions would mean more for all coin holders especially if the development fund pays the community with the majority of coins collected.

We wouldn't be able to do 50 billion coins because people deal in full numbers so if we are to say we will give you 1 new coin for every 6 Col, people are going to buy it and trade it over and complain that they didn't get all their coins back when it's the same thing. You have to think what the ultra noob would do and plan for that.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

mouseman

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 06:03:34 PM »
haaa! Ooops, used the wrong letter...meant to say COl is in POS mode now, not the original POW as I had originally posted (now changed). On the 50 billion reference this poster of Karmacoin mentioned, just overlook it. I wasn't suggesting/changes any figures for COL....merely drawing parallels to what Karmacoin is now considering (POS) and the fact that we already are already in that stage of he COL coin.