Author Topic: ColossusCoin Forum Bugs  (Read 4254 times)

Sudo23

• Founder of the ColossusCoin Foundation
  • Administrator
  • Welcome to our ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
    • Colossuscoin.org
ColossusCoin Forum Bugs
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »
Please let me know if you find any bugs ;)
Donation Addresses:

BTC: 1GGF7vjv1dLEu2oYg9AsRxWavAKSguv6Jh
DOGE: DFyxgUTvA2dVDTNnWH5e2Y2Wat7TSJcHRB
Litecoin:LKodWSwYG45oE8WyDMyZ8osvc2hy9R9hfL
ETH: 0xbd86fdb353cdc900584ff49c1bed03cecf637f44

Crestington

• Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
Re: ColossusCoin Forum Bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 02:44:21 AM »
I had problems trying to send a private message to Wkd in response to a question. At first I thought it was my android but had the same problem on my computer, using the email function seemed to work.

Also when writing messages on the forum with my android it skips back to the top every few minutes and inserts words halfway through the sentences but I think that might be my swiftkey.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

Sudo23

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Colossuscoin.org
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:13:56 AM »
One thing I'd like to get fixed is the weird bug with private messages where it works most of the time and sometimes times out and I'm not sure if it sent my message so I send the message to myself as well to make sure.

Maybe you could contact simple machines support and see what they can do?
Donation Addresses:

Sudo23

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Colossuscoin.org
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:14:27 AM »
I will contact the SMF support team about that
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:16:00 AM by Sudo23 »
Donation Addresses:

mouseman

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »
I've been curious about the following question since day one of joining the forum here.
Why does COL have a separate introduction website to the coin (http://www.colossuscoin.org/) and a completely different one here for learning more in depth about COL (http://colossuscointalk.org)?

From a marketing standpoint as well as winning the search engine wars against other cryptocoin websites, that just doesn't make a lick of sense. From a marketing standpoint, we are really asking people to visit 2 different websites. That is not very practical. Much better in my mind and more pragmatic to send interested parties to a single central website to learn about Colossus Coin cryptocurrency as well as talk about it with other investors.

From a search engine wars standpoint, again, it make little marketing sense to part up incoming traffic delivered by the search engines to anything more than one website. It is easier to rank higher one strong website with all capital resources and user generated content allocated to one website than it is to   rank 2 websites (or more).

Example: KARMA has no less than 4 or 5 different websites than discuss the coin as well as the company shares. Do we really think that interested parties want to run around creating different logins just to frequent these various websites once in awhile?? It's a massive waste of time and poor planning by the devs to ask people to run around to all their websites that could have EASILY been consolidated within one central website. It is a waste of investor time and as a prospective investor, in my opinion looks poorly planned.

Sure, sure....oftentimes we are seeing various coin websites that are owned by different people outside the devs formation. That is beyond the devs control and not what I am talking about. Just because there is a trend that sees coin devs make a basic learning/"about us" type of website, later to be followed up by a forum based website for more intensive chat, doesn't mean it is the most responsible thing to do to gain confidence in prospective investors. Nor is it very practical to run around to multiple websites.

My thoughts are clear, why was colossuscointalk.org created? The forum software could have been easily added to the main site http://www.colossuscoin.org/ in having all Colossus Coin relevant information in a central place that is quickly accessible.

Are there 2 different owners to these 2 independent websites?
It's simple. If we want to rank Colossus Coin higher in the search engines thereby achieving more traffic which will lead to more investors, we need to rank ONE single website higher and higher. That is accomplished more proficiently when all resources and user generated content is one a single domain.

lovecol

• Improvement Team
  • COL: CKVqwvyo1cymXDk89W8EGLAJMYcKr6HUs2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 03:59:10 AM »
i agree with you,mouseman.
COL: CKVqwvyo1cymXDk89W8EGLAJMYcKr6HUs2
BTC:1NkhWmwBxwRGpZ5Nvh34MxFgPxBgyLNw8r

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 10:54:36 AM »
The reason why it is the way it is, is because it would have been easier for Sudo to separate the two sites than to create the overlay and connection within one site. You bring up some alot of valid points and I think combining them into a single site is a good idea. It's not really an immediate thing IMO, but we could do it later on as a larger update in which we build a new central site with all the pre-existing work combined and refined, then add in extra features like better integrated chat, tip bots, video, maybe even games and a marketplace.

The website, as with everything else here is always changeable.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

mouseman

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
This is what I want to hear...listening and keeping an open mind by the main devs. Thanks.
However, I don't think the expense of this is too great, or maybe I am missing something. Probably a bit labor intensive maybe. At any rate, the sooner the better as it is our image no less and the very place where prospective investors learn about us moreso than say reddit.com and maybe even possibly btctalk.org. I for one want to outrank out reddit channel as well as btctalk website all day, every day with wahtever SINGLE COL website. Secondly, and more importantly, I want to start outranking other crypto-currency competitor websites. When people first hear about cryptocoins and get excited, I want them to see COL very high in the search engine results pages (SERPS) as we want the first strike opportunity for them to learn about COL before other investments. In the end, it will be their own due diligence if investing in COL is or is not for them once COL 2.0 is released. But the key point I am making is, we NEED to make sure COL as an ongoing maturing currency in fact gets itself in front of potential investors. Any currency that loses visibility, will loose opportunity to gather new/additional investors.

To that end, paying nominal amounts of $ to google.com adwords search engine ADVERTISING programs, as well as yahoo and bing.com advertising campaigns (and I suggest Chinese/Russian search engines like baidu.com and yandex.com) will create further visibility. That visibility on the search engines ----> click through traffic that we could hope to turn from increased traffic to the website ---> new investors through a solid feature rich, well managed coin.

Needless to say, I've been doing my duty to add content to this website to increase its "organic search engine ranking" to increase traffic. When my future website is completed, I could easily stop adding content here and simply add it over there as an off-shoot category subsection. That won't help the website here as far as traffic. I hope we all take the importance of this seriously.

Also, as I've stated int he past and Crestington as mentioned above, we need to inevitably move to cometchat.com. Any fudiciaries behind this website should almost demand the very best chat program that integrates seemlessly into this website.

https://www.cometchat.com/buy

Again, excuse me for being redudant as I've mtioned this a couple months back, but cometchat is very feature rich and would be a big upgrade to the website as we encourage more people to come and chat about crypto. If we stop thinking about this website as just a big exclusive promotion for colossus coin and start thinking about it as a dual purpose site (Priority #1 - all things colossus coin and #2 - all things in the crypto universe) we will gain FAR MORE traffic to the website, confidence in people as a high ranking, impartial resource to learn about cryptocurrency coins, and a hopeful result of garnering a stronging scaling up in new investors in Colossus Coin.

IRC channel? Again, why do all these crypto coins continually follow what the person before them does? Create a whole bunch of websites that you have to run around to just to feel like you are keeping updated...reddit.com btctalk.com irc channel, forum based website, main coin website, etc etc.

YES yes...a btctalk.org is necessary, yes reddit is helpful, etc. I am not opposed to them at all, I am simply saying to but the strength and weight of any resources we have behind one solid and more centrally located domain and integrate highend chat with it so people can ask questions quickly if they don't want to spend time in the forums proper.

Cometchat does have some simple games integrated too. Ability to update to twitter/facebook quickly as it is integrated in the UI, announcements on the fly that everyone can see in their browser, etc etc. It's just a great way to let everyone know we are home and open for business. And yes, it is a significant upgrade from our current chat. That said, a big THANK YOU to Sudo for his help with our current software and his coding here.

No one coin with one single website that I've seen is really attempting to push their coin website to dominant the search engines over all others to steal away the bulk of the traffic. TRAFFIC to websites DOES change things...believe me.