Author Topic: Building Colossuscoin 2.0 the community built Coin  (Read 6567 times)

mouseman

• Improvement Team
  • Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
Re: Building Colossuscoin 2.0 the community built Coin
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 09:06:50 PM »
Although over the last year I have become very tight with finances, let me know if that $50 does the trick and where you post it. Then let us know if we need to create another bounty for an addition wallet, Mac or whatever additional small job so we can consider these one at a time or if it makes sense to raise the bounty and receive more completed contract from one individual/company. If we can verify they are competent :), that would be great as well.

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »
Although over the last year I have become very tight with finances, let me know if that $50 does the trick and where you post it. Then let us know if we need to create another bounty for an addition wallet, Mac or whatever additional small job so we can consider these one at a time or if it makes sense to raise the bounty and receive more completed contract from one individual/company. If we can verify they are competent :), that would be great as well.

Yeah that is what I'm thinking would be a good idea. I know that many of the community developers are still learning themselves and although they are competent, I doubt they could really make what I'm looking to do otherwise they would have done it themselves. Tranz and ahmed_bodi's team did up the ADT Blockchain but they said to Zackclark70 when they were doing it that they it was their first Proof of Stake clone and so it ended up with a few bugs in it.

Another coin coder may not know exactly what we want and not have the time to create a whole new coin so we could do as much of it ourselves and when we get stuck on something we can outsource information from other coders and small jobs such as compiling a wallet with a how-to guide or other related guides such as mining, multi-pools etc. That kind of stuff would be relatively easy to do and they wouldn't have to worry about being responsible for the code or coins.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 04:26:06 PM »
I sent this message to Tranz, Ahmed_Bodi and TX42

Hi Tranz,

I am building my own coin and launching it with the Colossuscoin guys, I have made a straight clone of Blackcoin, edited all the names, ports, images, new Merklehash and Genesis Block. I've compiled colossuscoind and colossuscoin-qt on Linux but having a hell of a time trying to compile it in Windows.

The source code I am working with is here: https://github.com/Crestington/Colossuscoinv2

I have been working with the Shakazula cloning guide http://archive.today/jdOaV and the Windows compilation guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149479.0

My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit and have been working with MinGW in compiling the dependencies into the C:/deps folder.

If you can help me with how to compile the wallet in Windows I will pay $100 USD in Bitcoin.

Specifically I would be looking for how to properly set up MinGW, which dependencies I need, and what I need to edit in the mingw.makefile and colossuscoin-qt.pro files in order to compile it.

I don't have much money and pretty much doing it all myself so I'm looking for someone that might be able to give me a hand on a place I've been stuck on for a while.

Let me know what you think, Crestington

mouseman

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 06:34:33 AM »
Outstanding, keep us posted please.

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »
I received reply from TX42 but he didn't seem as interested, I think he's more busy with his own stuff. I am contacting a few other people too, see who else I can find that wants to be involved.

lovecol

• Improvement Team
  • COL: CKVqwvyo1cymXDk89W8EGLAJMYcKr6HUs2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »
I received reply from TX42 but he didn't seem as interested, I think he's more busy with his own stuff. I am contacting a few other people too, see who else I can find that wants to be involved.

you can contact  unick who is in the bitcointalk.  send a message to he. maybe he has free time to do that.
COL: CKVqwvyo1cymXDk89W8EGLAJMYcKr6HUs2
BTC:1NkhWmwBxwRGpZ5Nvh34MxFgPxBgyLNw8r

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 05:06:22 PM »
Ok here is a little update on the progression.

I contacted a few people individually through the Bitcointalk forums. I contacted ahmed_bodi, Tranz, Tx42, Old C Coder, TheLotusPod, and Zackclark70 put me in contact with E.exchanger.

I didn't receive any response from Tranz or Ahmed_bodi, and Tx42 is a bit too busy. I contacted Old C Coder as he specializes in compiling wallets in Windows and he directed me towards his videos of building wallets in MS VC++ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1U1cBx6Ub0

TheLotusPod was searching for coders and work in the Cryptocurrency space on an idea he's been working on and I suggested we work together, I received several responses but haven't heard anything in 3-4 days.

Zackclark70 put me in touch with E.exchanger who is working on the ADT patch and I ended up working out a deal for 0.3 BTC for him to compile the wallet in windows and give me a log of changes he made in order to compile it and will be ready tomorrow. He also offered to show me a more detailed run-through of compiling with all algo's for 1.5 BTC but I ended up declining the offer for now.

mouseman

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 05:22:36 AM »
This sounds fantastic. And although you have initially decided to put off the additional consultation from this coder, let's continue to chat with him as to maintain a solid repertoire if we at a later date desire more extensive code consultation or additional wallet configuring. Good job!

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »
This sounds fantastic. And although you have initially decided to put off the additional consultation from this coder, let's continue to chat with him as to maintain a solid repertoire if we at a later date desire more extensive code consultation or additional wallet configuring. Good job!

I just didn't want to spend 1.5 BTC on it now if I didn't really need it but we could possibly do it later on and create a more detailed guide out of it. There will be other stuff to do for it as well, possibly getting them to do the wallets for further versions depending on how it all goes.