Author Topic: How to migrate from old wallet to new wallet?  (Read 986 times)

Michael Tung

• Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
How to migrate from old wallet to new wallet?
« on: February 22, 2015, 04:05:28 AM »
Please elaborate how to migrate and setup of new wallet. Should I copy my old wallet.dat to replace the new wallet.dat? Can both wallets run simultaneously? When will the old coin expire or will it coexist? The statement below seems to contradict to each other. First sentence state I should send coins from old wallet to new wallet and then saying it won’t work.

/How the swap will work
We will have an automated program in place in which you send your old coins from the old wallet and will recieve the new coins to the new wallet.
You will not be able to send old coins to the new wallet as they are 2 different coins.

Crestington

• Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
Re: How to migrate from old wallet to new wallet?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »
Please elaborate how to migrate and setup of new wallet. Should I copy my old wallet.dat to replace the new wallet.dat? Can both wallets run simultaneously? When will the old coin expire or will it coexist? The statement below seems to contradict to each other. First sentence state I should send coins from old wallet to new wallet and then saying it won’t work.

/How the swap will work
We will have an automated program in place in which you send your old coins from the old wallet and will recieve the new coins to the new wallet.
You will not be able to send old coins to the new wallet as they are 2 different coins.

Hi Michael,

We are currently setting up the migration from ColossusCoin to ColossusCoin2. They are 2 different Coins with 2 different total amounts of Coins.

Colossuscoin has approximately 313 Billion total Coins

ColossusCoin2 has approximately 19.1 Billion Coins

We have begun with some reimbursement of some lost Coins and payments of CV2 for work already done to create all the webites, forums and etc. with a 20:1 amount reserved for the swap.

Both Coins can be run at the same time and we are looking into setting up a redemption of CV2 with your COL keys. How this would work is that we would take a snapshot of the balances of ColossusCoin from the highest ledger we have and load them as a redemption script in CV2. This would mean that no keys would actually be taken, it would just unlock that amount of CV2 for you and you still retain your old Coins.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg