Author Topic: Wallet Does not Sync  (Read 15944 times)

angelsfan

• Welcome to our new ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
Wallet Does not Sync
« on: December 07, 2013, 03:22:53 AM »
Using the latest Version 1.5.1.0-col

I have coins pending, both in and out.

Says my wallet is out of sync.

What do I do?

Sudo23

• Founder of the ColossusCoin Foundation
  • Administrator
  • Welcome to our ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
    • Colossuscoin.org
Re: Wallet Does not Sync
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:34:40 AM »
hi
col has an issue with the colossuscoin blockchain
the developer is informed
Donation Addresses:

BTC: 1GGF7vjv1dLEu2oYg9AsRxWavAKSguv6Jh
DOGE: DFyxgUTvA2dVDTNnWH5e2Y2Wat7TSJcHRB
Litecoin:LKodWSwYG45oE8WyDMyZ8osvc2hy9R9hfL
ETH: 0xbd86fdb353cdc900584ff49c1bed03cecf637f44

Th82

• Improvement Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:25:36 AM »

Looks like we are stuck on block.  "blocks" : 272520,
Any ideas?

angelsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:52:34 AM »
Can we get some better Technical support here?   I have bought over 13 millions COL coins, and for two days, I can't get my wallet to sync. I backed it up, and deleted, reinstalled, we did the block syncing thing like 10 times,,, STILL WON'T SYNC !!!!!

I have been stuck for days, very aggravated, about to say forget this COL coin, I'll start investing more into wallets that work!!

THIS IS THE ONLY COIN WHO'S WALLET NEVER WORKS GOOD FOR ME!!!

angelsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 08:50:35 AM »
It's just been days since I could get this to work at all.... I'm very frustrated.. I would like to see it come back to life. Is it dead permanently?

Jaxonhell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »
Stuck at 272520 also. Status bar for sync not showing up anymore either. I had one transaction finally sync after a couple days of deleting and moving files around but now this is different than before without even getting the syncing dialog or status bar

Sudo23

• Founder of the ColossusCoin Foundation
  • Administrator
  • Welcome to our ColossusCoin-Forum!
    • View Profile
    • Colossuscoin.org
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
Due to issues with the colossuscoin we recommend not sending transactions atm
The developer muddafudda on bitcointalk.org is informed
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279601.0

Will keep you guys informed.

Thanks for your patience and understanding on this issue.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:23:26 PM by Sudo23 »
Donation Addresses:

BTC: 1GGF7vjv1dLEu2oYg9AsRxWavAKSguv6Jh
DOGE: DFyxgUTvA2dVDTNnWH5e2Y2Wat7TSJcHRB
Litecoin:LKodWSwYG45oE8WyDMyZ8osvc2hy9R9hfL
ETH: 0xbd86fdb353cdc900584ff49c1bed03cecf637f44

Mortimer452

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 07:17:03 PM »
Any updates on this?  I cannot withdraw my coins from Cryptsy, their support told me their wallet won't sync to the correct chain either.  How can I tell if my wallet is on the correct chain?

Ghold

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
I have the same problem my wallet does not sync also. I withdraw from Cryptsy at 19-12-2013 many and the coins are still not in my desktop wallet. Will there come e new version of the wallet?

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »
We are currently working on a way to fix the issue with the wallet not syncing.
BTC: 189A74yHTNH78ct32yrm8g7yMxUJTShQUe
COL: 2A4QNtiKCNwiPX1xoYk17jxXBES3k2oszg

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
Update: I installed the Col wallet on a different pc to see exactly how long it takes to Sync. I left my computer running and it took my computer approximately 36 hours to for my wallet to Sync on 64 bit Windows 7, 3 GHZ, 3 GB ram and 1.0 Gbps Local Area Connection to Internet.

Once my wallet synced I sent 500 Col to my wallet as a test. It took 3.5 minutes for my Col to arrive fully confirmed in my wallet and about 6 minutes for my Col to arrive back in my Cryptsy account.

The transactions itself are actually much faster than BTC or LTC which have at times taken me up to an hour (fees are always included).

The issue is slow downloading of the Blockchain and not syncing properly. I think what is happening is that less people have started using the wallet since POW ended which causes less network connections from users causing a slowdown of the sync which then causes less users to use the wallet because of the slow sync, slowing it down further.

The solution might be as simple as getting more users to run the wallet which will speed up the sync.

I will be looking into testing over the next couple weeks to see if that is infact the reason for the issue but there will be overall improvement of the wallet over the medium term regardless.

I will keep you updated.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:37:15 PM by Crestington »

Ghold

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 02:18:02 AM »
Thanks for your quick reply. I get the green checkmark in the wallet so it should have been synced and have contact with the network. I locked the wallet but this is not the problem I hear also. Sorry for the inconvenience. It is an Cryptsy issue I think. I already contacted them.

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 09:54:37 AM »
Unfortunately there isn't much I can do as of yet about Cryptsy. Personally I think cryptsy is a very poorly run company. When I first started with bitcoin I had my cryptsy account hacked by a backdoor Trojan and had 11.5 btc stolen. It was a hard lesson about security and when contacting bit John about trying to get reimbursement and trying to help them improve security,  all I really got was "ooh that sounds good"  and "my Skype is like a Christmas tree"

It made me realize that cryptsy is full of incompetent people which is why they have all these problems. This is what lead me here, to create a solution to exchanges.

zte102

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »
Yes, that's true that Cryptsy is a 1-2 person company with fully incompetent and degenerated people, but is a problem with COL coin too. I have 3 computers with COL wallets. 1. computer cannot sync, 2. is synchronized and i have 550 COL in my balance, 3. computer is online and synchronized and i have 300 COL in my balance (same wallet), with absolutely distinct transactions. When i look in coinplorer i see 459 COL in my wallet, with 4 absolutly different and never happened transactions. The problem is that i really have 110 billion COL that has never arrived (any computer and coinplorer).

Crestington

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 07:30:01 PM »
Yes, that's true that Cryptsy is a 1-2 person company with fully incompetent and degenerated people, but is a problem with COL coin too. I have 3 computers with COL wallets. 1. computer cannot sync, 2. is synchronized and i have 550 COL in my balance, 3. computer is online and synchronized and i have 300 COL in my balance (same wallet), with absolutely distinct transactions. When i look in coinplorer i see 459 COL in my wallet, with 4 absolutly different and never happened transactions. The problem is that i really have 110 billion COL that has never arrived (any computer and coinplorer).

I would contact cryptsy and request a reason as to why the transfer has not occurred. Cryptsy has had erroneous balances and has happened to mee where I cancelled my order and rebought and ended up with more, when they audited their balances they gave me a negative balance.

I am not only working on how to fix the problem but also to update the structure to include the development fund and more incentive to invest long-term.